Saturday, February 03, 2007

King's College Quire, Cambridge

This is an awesome quire (the old Anglican spelling of choir). I just stumbled upon a video of them singing my favorite processional, Parry's "I was Glad" which is based on Psalm 121(122).

The words are as follows:

"I was glad when they said unto me,'we will go into the house of the Lord.' (verse 1)
Our feet shall stand in thy gates, O Jerusalem. (verse 2)
Jerusalem is builded as a city that is at unity in itself. (verse 3)
O pray for the peace of Jerusalem, they shall prosper that love thee. (verse 6)
Peace be within thy walls, and plenteousness within thy palaces." (verse 7)



Its originally a coronation anthem but would go really well in a wedding, as the text goes very well with the vocation of Fatherhood. Its also good for a Crusade.


This quire is very old, check out this video from the fifties.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Quite Beautiful!
I give my aproval, not that you want it or need it... but just because I want to give it!

Now now no monkey business

Now now no monkey business
indeed