Monday, April 30, 2007

New Chancellor, New Bishops

I just noticed that there is to be a new Chancellor for the University of Sydney.
I'm not really sure of Bashir's ideology so wouldn't want to commen there.

I do wonder if this is covert 'affirmative action' as she is after all, the University's first female Chancellor (and first female Govenor of NSW). I also wonder if there is actually a female quivalent of the word Chancellor. Before our PC times she would have been termed 'Governess' for her role at government house. Then again, in pre-PC times she probably would have been overlooked because she is a woman.

MEANWHILE and probably more meaningfully, check out www.coo-eesfromthecloister.blogspot.com for the news on Australia's new Bishops.

I know one of them is absolutely brilliant- don't know the other and don't particularly like his tie .

5 comments:

Moniker said...

I do hate political correctness directed especially towards females. I pointed refused to call the ACSA State Reps Chairperson, male or female they were Chairmen to me.

Hound of Heaven said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hound of Heaven said...

Actually, Bashir will not be the University's first female Chancellor: Dame Leonie Kramer was before her (1999-2001).

Archeopterix said...

thanks hound- I didn't know that.

Kiran said...

I think Dame Leonie lasted longer than 3 years too. She reigned from 1991 - 2001.

I think Bashir's appointment is quite a good thing. She is Orthodox, I believe.

Now now no monkey business

Now now no monkey business
indeed